- Playgroup class 2 years old by 31st August of enrolling year.
- Pre-K class: 3-4 years old by 31st August of enrolling year (must be fully toilet trained).
- K class: 5 years old by 31st August of enrolling year.
- Grade 1 class-6 years old by 31st August of enrolling year
In exceptional cases, students may be granted a place outside this age requirement if warranted by the student’s past school experience, maturity and assessment results and there is space availability in an age appropriate class. Students must be able to function in the mainstream classroom using English language. Acceptance is not based on the date of application. HKA has rolling admissions policy and will accept candidates on the basis of the given requirements all year round.
VISA Requirements / Living Arrangements
Students must possess a Hong Kong Identity Card or valid visa issued by the Immigration Department to be eligible for enrolment at Hong Kong Academy. Parents/guardians are responsible for providing this documentation to the school upon request. Hong Kong Academy does not provide Student/Dependent visas.
Students must live with either one or both of their parents. If a student is not living with his/her parents, a legal guardianship must be established and enrolment must be approved by the Head of School.
- Siblings are given priority over “new” applicants.
- Families who apply for all eligible children are prioritised.
- Alumni are prioritised (this does not include students who have left HKA to join another school in Hong Kong).
- Students who bring diversity of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, family blend, learning styles and needs and gender are prioritised.
- Families who embrace the school’s philosophy, core values and curriculum are prioritised.