Updated 27th November 2020
This website is operated by Hong Kong Academy (HKA) whose registered address is 33 Wai Man Road, Sai Kung, Hong Kong. (“We”) are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
This policy sets out how we process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us through our website. We confirm that we will keep your information secure and that we will comply fully with all applicable Hong Kong legislation and regulations. Please read the following carefully to understand what happens to personal data that you choose to provide to us, or that we collect from you when you visit this site. By visiting http://www.hkacademy.edu.hk, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
- HKA is committed to complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Hong Kong. In doing so, it will be ensured that HKA staff, and any parties who are assigned by HKA to handle the information, will comply with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
- HKA may also disclose some of the data to third parties such as agencies (including the Hong Kong government), service providers and contractors (whether within or outside Hong Kong) appointed by HKA to undertake some of its academic and administrative functions. Otherwise set out above, HKA will not disclose any personal data to any third parties without prior written consent.
- Under the Ordinance, users have the right to request access to and correction of their personal data held. Should you wish to access your personal information held by HKA, please send your request by email to email@example.com.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information about individuals who visit and use our website:
Information you supply to us. You may supply us with information about you by filling in forms on our website. This includes information you provide when you submit a contact/enquiry form including:
(pledge form, transcript request form, university visit request form, alumni network contact form, personalised tour form, Early Childhood open house registration form, Secondary School day time open house registration form, Secondary School evening open house registration form).
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number,and/or the name, date of birth, current school and current school grade of your children.
Information our website automatically collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect information including the following:
- technical information, including a truncated and anonymised version of your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got to the site (including date and time); page response times, length of visit, what you click on, documents downloaded and download errors.
We use the information in the following ways:
Information you supply to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with information and/or services that you request from us;
- to update our records from information you provide.
Information we automatically collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site including troubleshooting and statistical purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- security and debugging as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
This information is collected anonymously and is not linked to information that identifies you as an individual. We use Google Analytics to track this information. You can find out how Google uses your data at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Any information you provide to us will either be emailed directly to us or may be stored on a secure server at, or administered by, Hong Kong Academy.
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies.
We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to regional/national institutions and authorities, unless required by law or other regulations.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Hong Kong Academy will retain your personal data collected for a period no longer than necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it is or is to be used. Different retention periods apply to the various kinds of personal data collected and held by Hong Kong Academy. The above is subject to any legal, statutory, regulatory or accounting requirements.
Occasionally, we may use your personal data (including your name and contact details) to send you marketing communications or emails containing information relevant to you from Hong Kong Academy, that we have received your consent to do so.
You can opt-out from receiving communications at any time, by:
a. following the opt-out instructions contained in the communications;
b. writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
You have the right to ensure that your personal data is being processed lawfully (“Subject Access Right”). Your subject access right can be exercised in accordance with data protection laws and regulations. Any subject access request must be made in writing to email@example.com. We will provide your personal data to you within the statutory time frames. To enable us to trace any of your personal data that we may be holding, we may need to request further information from you.