Learn more about our vision for the future of education at Hong Kong Academy.
LEARNING AT HKA
Our educational programmes challenge every student to fulfill their greatest potential.
New families join our dynamic learning community throughout the year.
We believe an inclusive educational environment is mutually beneficial for all learners.
Our students learn to act as advocates, inspired to contribute to their communities.
POST SECONDARY PATHWAYS
As they think about what lies ahead, our students are encourage to explore a range of opportunities
Find out how you can get involved in our dynamic learning community!
PURSUING YOUR PASSIONS
We offer a wide range of activites, clubs, sports and performing arts opportunities to students at every age.
HKA ALUMNI NETWORK
Registering in our Alumni Network will keep you informed about what is happening at HKA.
Learn about our outstanding all year round sports programme.
Dance, drama, theatre tech and music, we bring students together from all over Asia.
PRIMARY SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Over 100 After School Activities are available each semester.
A RIGOROUS EDUCATION
Find out more about how we design learning to inspire curious and independent students.
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT HKA?
As a community school, there are a number of ways we come together in support of our mission.
TALK TO US
Speak with a member of our admissions team to learn more about HKA.
Join us as we celebrate our past, honour the present and embrace our future.
Our joyful and caring community promotes learning, friendship and mutual respect.
Founded in 2000 with just three students we are proud of how we have grown.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Joining HKA in Celebrating our 20th Anniversary!
2022/23 Term and holiday dates are available below. All dates are subject to change.
Copyright Hong Kong Academy. 2021 - All Rights Reserved
For children applying to Grade 2 and up, current grade level will also be a factor in grade placement decisions in addition to age.
For other country grade level comparison inquiries please see here or contact our admissions team.
Our Secondary School students have many opportunities to pursue their interests during lunchtime and after school clubs. Faculty and staff offer a variety of activities such as Math Competitions, Young Investors Club, and Student Media Team. Students can also join student-led groups and leadership teams that are supervised by faculty. These include Action for Refugees, Project Plastic, Sai Kung Stray Friends, ImpactHK, Dragonfly Council, Student Council and GCD Student Leadership Team.
The Annual Fund is a general fund that supports HKA’s operational budget. Unrestricted gifts to the Annual Fund help us realise additional innovative school projects not fully covered by tuition and the operational budget. Giving to the Annual Fund is a powerful way to support creative ideas and initiatives that bring HKA’s mission to life.
HKA’s Learner Support programme caters to a wide range of students with diverse learning styles and needs. Inclusive education is at the heart of our mission, and HKA’s leadership in this area is known throughout the international school community.
HKA’s Learner Support programme is designed to ensure that all students can thrive in our rigorous learning environment. Inclusive education is at the heart of our mission, and HKA’s leadership in this area is known throughout the international school community. The Learner Support programme operates on an 80% recovery model. HKA is committed to subventing the remaining 20%.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes socio-economic inclusion. Families may apply for a range of means-tested scholarships. HKA also offers financial assistance to families experiencing short-term challenges.
HKA seeks to stay ahead of the curve by investing in capital projects that enhance our capitivative learning environment. We strive to implement a new learning initiative capital project, community artefact, or renovated building infrastructure on an annual basis. These multi-phased, costly projects are not included in the annual operating budget. They are critical to the long-term viability and sustainability of the school.
HKA is committed to diversity and inclusion, including socio-economic inclusion. Families may apply for a range of means-tested scholarships. HKA also offers financial assistance to families experiencing short-term challenges.