Take advantage of a FREE 6-week taster session or secure your space for the entire year!!
HKA's Playgroup is for 2-3 year olds and accompanying adults. Children 3 years of age can transition to an unaccompanied programme that is designed to support children with becoming self-directed as they learn and develop at their own individual pace. For this hands-on shared learning experience, our creative Early Childhood educators have adapted the International Baccalaureate framework to take young minds seriously and support children as makers of their own meaning. Join HKA's Playgroup and experience the joy of discovery with your child!
Special features include Mandarin as a mirror language and activities led by our specialist teachers. Participants also have access to HKA campus resources such as our outstanding library and phenomenal outdoor Playscapes. And knowing that grown ups are learners, too, the Playgroup curriculum includes twice monthly learning opportunities for parents and carers led by HKA faculty and other experts. Participants can also guarantee an invitation for assessment for the following school year. If the deposit is paid for the following school year, not only are you eligible for the HKA assessment, but you are guaranteed a place in the playgroup for the ENTIRE year - FREE!
Sessions start weekly:
- Session 1 (ren): Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 8am -10am
- Session 2 (ren): Monday/Wednesday,/Friday from 10:30am-12:30pm
- Session 1 (ai): Tuesday/Thursday from 8am-10am
- Session 2 (ai): Tuesday/Thursday from 10:30am-12:30pm
- 2 years of age as of 31st August of the enrolling year
- No older than 4 years of age as of 1st September of the enrolling year
HKA's accompanied Playgroup is for children and an accompanying adult. The accompanying adult may be a Parent, Domestic Helper or other caregiver as designated by the parent.
To be eligible for HKA's unaccompanied Playgroup children must meet the following criteria:
- 3 years of age
- Toilet trained
- Completed a 6 week accompanied trial
Please note that placement in the unaccompanied programme is subject to availability.
- Mandarin as mirror language. Each class will be co-taught by a native Mandarin speaker.
- Shared experiences for child and caregiver where both are learners.
- Opportunities designed to allow children to be the makers of their own meaning, often leading their caregiver in the process of discovery.
- Integration with the International Baccalaureate framework.
- Exploration of the social and natural world in HKA’s expertly designed classrooms and outdoor learning environments.
- Learning strategies that take young minds seriously and continuously draw on the most recent research about how children learn.
- Regular learning opportunities for adults featuring HKA faculty and other experts from HKA’s educational leadership network.
- Access to HKA library and HKA specialist teachers.
- Welcome to participate HKA community events.
- Encourages creative physical activity and diverse sensory exploration.
- Provides opportunities for social interactions and the development of problem-solving skills.
- Connects children with nature with an organic garden, water features and an inviting, environmentally friendly and aesthetically pleasing environment.
- Allows for both quiet and active outdoor learning.
In addition, Playgroup parents are welcome to attend HKA’s many other learning opportunities for adults, including presentations and discussions about
- Various aspects of the International Baccalaureate curriculum
- Differentiated Education
- Learner Support
- To continue in the Monday/Wednesday/Friday sessions, a HK$18,000 deposit will be required. (HK$12,000 for students starting January)
- To continue in the Tuesday/Thursday sessions, a HK$12,000 deposit will be required. (HK$8,000 for students starting January)
- To continue in the 5 day session a HK$30,000 deposit will be required. (HK$20,000 for students starting January)