The admissions policy at HKA is consistent with our values as a community- and diversity-based school. We view each student as an individual and evaluate their ability to succeed in the classroom as well as our ability to enable them to reach their full potential.
Children applying to Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Grade 1 must be age-appropriate for their grade. The birthday cut-off date is 31st August. Pre-K composite classes include children from Pre-K1 and Pre-K2 age criteria.
- Playgroup: 2 years old by 31st August of enrolling year.
- Pre-K: 3-4 years old by 31st August of enrolling year (must be fully toilet-trained).
- Kindergarten: 5 years old by 31st August of enrolling year.
- Grade 1: 6 years old by 31st August of enrolling year.
For children applying to Grade 2 and up, current grade level will also be a factor in grade placement decisions in addition to age.
- Siblings of current HKA students
- Families who apply for all eligible children
- Previously enrolled HKA students (this does not include students who have left HKA to join another school in Hong Kong)
- Students who bring diversity of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, family blend, learning styles and needs, and gender